Last updated: 25 August 2023
This document describes the information we collect, store, and process when you interact with WORTHY Group Inc. (‘WORTHY”, “we”, “us” or “our”). You may interact with us when you access and/or use our products and services, including any digital offerings provided via our website and mobile applications, as well as our in-person programs and consumer products; and in any other way as set forth herein. WORTHY is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you have any questions or unresolved privacy concerns, please contact us at [email protected]
If you do not want your information collected or used in the manner described in this Policy, please do not use our Services, or otherwise interact with us. By using our Services or otherwise interacting with is us in any manner, you are deemed to have agreed to the provisions of this Policy, unless you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland in which case you are acknowledging that you have been provided this Policy. We may change, modify, add or delete portions of this Policy at any time. We encourage you to visit this Policy frequently to ensure you are aware of how it applies to you.
This policy outlines the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
We collect certain information when you use our Services, and recognize the importance of keeping that information secure, and letting you know what we do with it. This policy only applies to the services provided directly through our websites or mobile applications. Once you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that provider. We have no control over their policies or terms, and you should confirm their policies before continuing to access their site(s).
Data Protection Across the Globe
Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply common protections described in this policy. These protections align with well-known standards such as ISO 27001:2017 and others.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Directly provided information
You may directly provide information to us, including PII such as your name, email address and password when you register for an Account with us, sign up for a newsletter or otherwise fill out a lead generation form regarding a particular product or service on our third-party digital properties, including social media. You may provide further information to us, including information such as gender, birth date / location, payment information, postal address and phone number, as well as physical characteristics and personal preferences, goals, experiences, aptitudes, attitudes and behaviors when you edit your Profile, when you utilize tools and other services provided by us including calendars, journals, user surveys and online assessments, etc., in the course of using our mobile applications or online programs or when you purchase a product or service from us
We may also collect similar information from you during your discussions with our sales personnel regarding potential purchases or to enroll you in our in-person events or other products and services.
Please note that in order for us to accommodate your needs or to ensure your suitability for certain in-person events or programs, you may also provide us with specific health-related information including disabilities or allergies, among other information, and we may keep such information for future reference for your safety.
You may also provide information to us via communications at our in-person events, during telephonic or online group lessons, meditations, workshops, and other sessions or via forums such as online groups, chat rooms and message boards, some of which may be a required or optional component of our product and service offerings. We also collect information from you when you place a request for customer service, when you respond to any censuses, surveys, or user interviews, provide any testimonials with respect to our products or services or apply for employment with us.
We do not store your credit card information on our servers but rather use secure 3rd parties such as Stripe, PayPal or Apple integrations to process secure payments. We only ask for credit card information to complete and satisfy our rights and obligations with regard to such transaction, billing arrangement, and/or as otherwise authorized by you, and in that case we use Stripe, Apple, or PayPal as our secured payment partners.
Indirectly provided information
Every time you engage with us, we automatically collect certain information about you. This includes:
- Usage data such as which of our websites and Apps you visit, and any or all your activities on such properties, including the content and other materials you access, the sequence, duration, dates and times and manner of such activities and the purchases you make.
- Technical information including your internet protocol (IP) address (which may by itself be considered PII in certain jurisdictions and under certain circumstances), device type, model, operating system and identifier, web browser, pages viewed, including any referring page, and information about your mobile network such as the service provider, connection type and geographic area.
If you participate in a live cast or video conference with us, we may record the session and retain the recordings, and you should assume we are since our interactions are part of the Services. We own any content that you appear in and may feature, sell or create content from it. If you participate in a training or product course, we collect user information and completion data.
We use a variety of technologies to collect this information, such as first party and third party cookies and tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons). This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by WORTHY or by users through our Services also include page tags that allow the sender to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them.
We also use Facebook and other providers to place “pixels” on many of our sites or apps so that we can understand your digital behavior and potentially later target you with related advertising. We also use Google Analytics to understand how long you might spend on our Sites or how you interact with our Services.
If you ever choose to opt-out of targeted advertising with us, then please contact us at [email protected] so that we can potentially remove your email, data or profile from any advertising we may use.
Information collected from third parties and integration partners
Information we may collect from third parties includes:
- Usage data and technical and non-technical information provided by third-party service providers with whom we contract to provide specific services to support our business.
- Information you provision us with access to, including for example, data provided by social media services when you create or log-in to your Account via such social media services (including your name, user name(s), e-mail address and other information depending on your account settings with the relevant social media service).
- Transaction information from third-party app stores you use to install or purchase a subscription to one of our Apps.
- Additional information we may purchase about you and your activities from third-party data providers.
- Contact information provided by any person via our “Refer a Friend” feature.
- We may combine any data we collect with other information we may have about you or use information we have to derive or infer other information. For example, we may be able to determine your approximate location using your IP address.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information collected through our Services in the following ways:
- Operate and improve our Services.
- Provide and deliver the Services or other services you request, process transactions, and send you related information.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide you with requested customer support.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Enable you to participate in 3rd party promotions, including trials or other bundled offers exclusive to our users, and to help us and our marketing partners to measure the effectiveness of our or their promotions.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [email, post or telephone]. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details onto third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services.
- Secure our systems, prevent fraud, and help us to protect the security of your account.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and to enforce our terms and policies.
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, communications, or features that match users’ interests.
- Link or combine with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Connect you with a coach or service.
- When you provide your phone number to us, we may use your phone number to confirm orders, deliver promised ongoing training or communication, and to send text updates, promotions, videos, audios, or SMS messages related to our Services, or related brands or programs. You can opt-out of receiving any future text messages by simply replying to any of our text messages at any time with the word STOP. By signing up for our Services, you hereby grant us permission to text you until you reply STOP.
We reserve the right at all times to review your content and information to help resolve problems with our software or Services, or to ensure that you remain in compliance with our Terms of Service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will never “sell” your personal information. However, we may share your personal information with third parties as follows:
We use other companies, agents, or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage service providers to provide marketing, advertising, coaching, training, communications, security, payment processing, infrastructure and IT services, to customize, personalize, and optimize our Services, to process payment transactions, to provide customer service, and to analyze and enhance data. While providing such services, these service providers may have access to your personal information. These service providers have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information that they obtain from us and we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Protection of WORTHY and others
Content that you create, upload, or copy into our Services, may, if you choose, be read, copied, used, and distributed by people you know, your members, or people you don’t know. Information that you disclose using the chat function of the Services may be read, copied, used, and distributed by people participating in the chat. Use care when including sensitive information, such as home addresses or phone numbers, in content you share or chat sessions.
With Your Consent
We may share your personal information when we have your consent.
Your Profile. You may share information on your profile, comments or related social media that others can see.
Advertising and analytics services provider by others
Social Media and Public Forums
WORTHY Services may include publicly accessible blogs, chats, comments, community forums, or private messaging features. Our Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, X and the like, including widgets and connections to social media platforms). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum through any of our Services may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions or notifications or compensation to you. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes. Always use social media with an understanding your data may be seen, replicated, shared and distributed for the world to see.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All data that you provide to use through our Services is transferred or stored on the cloud through servers we pay for from popular providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment data is stored by our payment processors and is never stored on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access your account and the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend that you not share your password and that you change it frequently.
WORTHY takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information and your content from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, and destruction and to ensure that your content remains protected and available to you. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Services or any device. All use and transmissions are at your own risk. You alone are responsible for your account and data shared with others, so to protect your user account, we encourage you to:
- use a strong password that is unique to your WORTHY account
- never share your password with anyone
- limit access to your phone, computer and browser
- log out once you have finished using WORTHY on a shared device
Please remember that if other people have access to your account, then they can access your personal data and app controls and that it may impact your personalized recommendations and be included in your data.
WORTHY stores the information we collect for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected and in compliance with our legal obligations. The retention periods applied by WORTHY comply with applicable legislation then in effect, namely:
- For data relating to your account, such data will not be retained beyond your request that your account be entirely deleted. We do keep some of your data if you unsubscribe or cancel, so that if you wish to purchase again later your account or information is available to you.
- For transactional data relating to your purchases, such data is kept for the entire period of our contractual relationship, then in accordance with legal obligations and applicable statute of limitations periods. Please note that this data does not include payment card information, which is processed by our third-party payment processors.
- For data collected based on your consent to receive marketing communications, we will use the data until you withdraw your consent or applicable law requires that such data is no longer used.
- For data collected in connection with your requests or questions, such data is kept for the period necessary to process and reply to your request or question.
- When cookies or other trackers are placed on your computer, they may be retained for a period of 12 months.
You have several options with respect to your personal information, as follows:
- You may terminate your use of the Services at any time. However, please note that WORTHY may still process your personal information as a service provider.
- If you have created an account, you may at any time access, edit, or delete your personal information. Please note that even if you delete information from your account, or deactivate your account, we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, or mail from WORTHY by writing to us [email protected], or where applicable visiting your user settings or preferences in our app or sites, or clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any promotional email. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account or updates to our Services.
- If you do not have a user account and wish to delete your email address or other personal information that you might have provided through your use of our Services and/or any other services, please email us at [email protected] and use the words “Delete My Information” in the subject line.
We do not knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS